Zotero won't sync and icon next browser bar won't work

Reference ID # 992258507

I click the green circel arrow to sync zotero and it spins a couple of times and then stops. The tiny blue square with a light blue circle shows up but the tiny blue line doesn't fill up clockwise like it used to. I've paid and updated my credit card, gotten rid of and re-downloaded the "Conector" as I use Microsoft Edge as my browser.
I also can't get new articles to download to zotero using the icon next to the browser bar...If I save the document to my laptop and then drag it physically to zotero it works but this is cumbersome and not happy I'm paying for unlimited storage.
Any help is appreicated
  • edited July 17, 2021
    For syncing, see Changes Not Syncing, but you don't say what the actual problem is that you're experiencing with syncing.
    The tiny blue square with a light blue circle shows up but the tiny blue line doesn't fill up clockwise like it used to.
    I don't know what you mean by this. Can you take a screenshot, upload it somewhere (e.g., Dropbox or Google Drive), and provide a link here?
    I also can't get new articles to download to zotero using the icon next to the browser bar
    Again, you don't say what the actual problem is. See here for the kind of description we need for both issues:

https://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_problems#provide_steps_to_reproduce
  • Thank you! Here's a link to the Google drive folder where I downloaded screenshots. They are in reverse order and I can't move them around so my description of the problem below you have to look at the snips from the right to the left.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1ZBbm5ayz0h4MZPdQlN9YiXTNp6J9z8jv

1st snip is zotero working. The snip of the browser bar was too long so it put it into two pages. The icon to put the pdf into zotero is "lit up" and looks like a pdf icon. This was an article I looked up online.

2nd snip is zotero not working. See how on the second page the zotero icon on the right of the browser bar isn't lit up as a pdf icon even thought he document is a pdf. Other times in the past when this has happened and I clicked on the unlit zotero thing on the right of the browser bar it at least took a snapshot of the pdf and would put this snapshot into zotero, now it won't even take a snapshot.

3rd snip is the sync icon (green circle arrow) before I click on it.

4th snip is after I click on the green circle arrow. The little blue square with a hazy blue circle around it shows up and the green circle arrow starts turning. In the past, the hazy blue circle would turn solid blue running in a clockwise fashion as the sync completed. Now the hazy blue circle never turns solid blue, it and the blue square just disappear leaving just the green circle arrow which stops turning.

I have stable cable internet. It works on some items and not others. It used to work great. I have uninstalled and redownloaded the Connector for Microdoft Edge. Ido all my updates for microsoft (I have a microsoft Surface).

I need two things:

1) For zotero to import things when I click on the icon to the right of the browser bar.

2) For zotero to sync

I pay for this unlimited storage, I expect it to work.
  • @chrisguenthner:
    The little blue square with a hazy blue circle around it shows up and the green circle arrow starts turning. In the past, the hazy blue circle would turn solid blue running in a clockwise fashion as the sync completed.
    No, you're misremembering this. That's just a stop button that disappears when the sync stops — that's it. In much older versions there was a rectangular progress bar for file sync progress there, but that hasn't been the case for many years.

If you're actually experiencing a problem with syncing, you'd have to tell us what it is, but what you describe isn't one.

For the other issue, your screenshots aren't public, so we can't view them.
    I pay for this unlimited storage, I expect it to work.
    You can stop saying this. We help people here regardless of whether they pay for storage.
  • So that means the sync is working. Thanks.

Is there a way I can send the screenshots via this discussion board? or how to make the ones in the link I sent public?
  • You just need to post a public link that others can see, via Google Drive, Dropbox, whatever. We can't tell you how to do that.