Opacity of highlight colour in pdf reader

Hello, I am trying to use the zotero pdf reader instead of external one. I used to highlight the text in blue with 25% opacity but I don't know whether I could change the default colour settings of zotero pdf reader or how to change them. Thank you for any help.
  • Could you say what reader you're coming from where you were using 25% opacity? Was that a global setting in the other reader? If so, were highlights stored that way, or was it purely a display setting?
  • @dstillman :I used to use Foxit reader, and the opacity of highlight can be set separately. It's not a global setting. And I just found that when I opened a pdf highlighted in Foxit reader in zotero pdf reader, it seemed the opacity setting didn't be recognized. As a test, I made two hightlight, one is 100% opacity, the other is about 10%, but in zotero reader they looks the same.
  • @maxpiner I'm wondering if the opacity is included when you are saving PDF file in Foxit reader. Do other PDF viewers display those highlights with opacity?
  • @martynas_b Yes, I tried Edge and Xodo, they all displayed with right opacity.
  • @maxpiner could you send an example PDF with an opacity to support@zotero.org also including a link this thread? Zotero annotations won't be able to keep the alpha channel, but we should probably apply it to the color when importing.
  • @martynas_b OK, email has been sent.
  • @maxpiner in the next update opacity will be taken into account, although I still recommend to just pick lighter colors instead of using opacity.
  • @martynas_b Do you mean Zotero will have a global setting of opacity, or just read information of opacity when importing files ?
  • @maxpiner It will just read opacity for now. We are still considering what to do with global opacity.