freezing, crashing, corrupted?

Hi there,

My zotero has been playing up for a while. Often making my word document freeze and crash when i try and add a citation. However its just got a lot worse. It cant open. Sometimes it opens but everythings super zoomed in. Basicaslly i cant do anything with it. I have the most updated version of zotero for OS and i have a new macbook air. please could i have some advice?
  • It cant open. Sometimes it opens but everythings super zoomed in. Basicaslly i cant do anything with it.
    That's not really specific enough to provide advice. What's "it" here? Zotero itself? Word? If Zotero doesn't open, what exactly happens? For the "super zoomed in" -- could you take a screenshot, post it to a free image hosting site and link to it from here?

Also, which OS version, which exact Zotero version, which Word version?
  • I can't open Zotero. What I mean is when i open it, it doesn't load anything up, despite the application being 'open'. It opens and is already 'not responding'.
    I will take a screen shot if i manage to load anything up again.

Zotero version: 5.0.93
    Word version: 16.44
    Mac: 10.15.5
  • Start by downloading Zotero 5.0.94, the latest version, from the download page. You should also upgrade to macOS 10.15.7, though it's unlikely to matter for this.

If possible, provide a Debug ID, as explained on Reporting Startup Errors, or if you can't then follow the Terminal-based steps for emailing debug output at the bottom of that page.