Saving PDF in the local storage without sync it both to Cloud Service or Zotero Storage

Dear Zotero Pals,

I wonder should I be able to click on the "save to zotero" in the browser but only save its metadata without auto-saving its pdf to zotero storage?

For example, I want to save an originala article from a journal about dermatology. When click on the adds-on it will automatically save it to the standalone app zotero as well. It's great! But I don't want to use my 300mb storage just for it (I prefer it is used to save the metadata). I want the pdf to be saved locally only, so I can save it to usb or harddrive and open it whenever I need it. Do I still need ZotFiles adds-on?

Thank you!

Note: I already unchecked: sync automatically, sync full-text content, and sync attachment files in my library using zotero.
  • But I don't want to use my 300mb storage just for it (I prefer it is used to save the metadata).
    Metadata doesn't count against your file storage quota, and your storage quota doesn't affect local storage anyway. If you don't want to sync files via Zotero sync, you can just disable file syncing from the Sync pane of the preferences.

The ZotFile plugin can help you use a linked-file workflow, if you want to store files outside of the Zotero data directory.
  • Thank you for your explanation. How's your Zotero experience?
  • He leads its development, so one would hope he's happy with it ;)