The attached file could not be found

This discussion was created from comments split from: "File Not Found: The attached file could not be found.".
  • Hi, I am using Zotero on 2 computers and have troubles synchronizing my files. I can see the items listed on both computers, but when I try to open, say on computer A, the attachment (e.g., pdf file) of an item I added on computer B, then I get the following error message: "The attached file could not be found at the following path:
    /Users/estamko1/Zotero/storage/DNF98SJX/Scherer and Coutinho - How music creates emotion a multifactorial proces.pdf
    It may have been moved or deleted outside of Zotero, or, if the file was added on another computer, it may not yet have been synced to zotero.org".

What is the problem and how can I fix it?

Thanks!
  • (Please start new threads for new issues — the thread you posted to was someone else's very specific, unrelated issue. I've moved this to a new thread.)

The message here means exactly what it says. See the Files Not Syncing page, linked from that dialog, for more information. (Note that Computer A and Computer B are the opposite on that page. Computer A is the computer where you actually added the files and the files therefore exist, and Computer B is where the files haven't synced to.)