Unable to sync library

Report ID: 2112413417

I am returning to Zotero after not having used it for several years. I tried to sync my current library, but a red arrow appeared beside the sync button with the error message "Group with libraryID 1 does not exist." When I try to view my library online, it only contains eight citations that aren't in my library (I do not remember whether I uploaded these several years ago, but my old library was a lot larger than this).

Following previous attempts to sync today, I received a storage quota reached error message and bought storage to try to resolve this, but I think this was actually unnecessary because I do not currently have a lot in my library.

Grateful for any advice.
  • edited October 11, 2020
    Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a sync attempt that causes this error?

After doing so, you can likely fix this by restarting Zotero, but it'd be good if you could provide a Debug ID first.
    Following previous attempts to sync today, I received a storage quota reached error message and bought storage to try to resolve this, but I think this was actually unnecessary because I do not currently have a lot in my library.
    It sounds like you may be getting multiple accounts mixed up. You haven't synced with the account you're posting from in years, and it has no synced files. So if you're getting this message, you're syncing with a different account that is at its file storage quota.

You can see the account you're syncing with in the Sync pane of the Zotero preferences. We can transfer you storage subscription to that account if you email storage@zotero.org with details and a link to this thread.
  • edited October 12, 2020
    Thank you for the quick response.

When I was getting the storage error message and clicked it, I was sent through to X—I'm guessing because I was already logged in with that account—but I actually seem to be linked to X. I'd really appreciate if you could transfer the storage subscription from X to X.

I'm sorry about this mistake. Hopefully, that also resolves the other error message, but if not, the Debug ID is D909674146.
  • We've transferred your subscription.
  • Hi,

Thank you for transferring my subscription. I'm afraid that I'm still getting the same error message "Group with libraryID 1 does not exist" (D909674146). My documents and changes still seem to be getting saved, so perhaps this isn't so important, but if there is a fix, it would be great to avoid the same alert in future.
  • edited October 13, 2020
    Thanks. If you unlink your account in the Sync preferences and then set it up again with the same account, does that work? You should also try restarting Zotero if you haven't.
  • I think that sorted it out, thank you!