OOo stopped talking to Zotero?

Or was it the other way around?

I think this occurred after an automatic update of Firefox (currently version 3.0.12 running on MAC OS 10.5.6). Whenever I try to insert a citation from Zotero into my Open Office text document, I get what I can only call a technical screen and then a pop-up window which says 'BASIC run-time error. An exception occurred. Type: com.sun.star.beans.UnknownPropertyException. Message: .'

Can anyone tell me what this is? And what I can do about it? I've done the usual steps of restarting the computer and uninstalling/re-installing both Open Office and Zotero, to no avail. Being a non-techie person, I feel this about the limit of my expertise and would welcome any assistance in non-jargon form!
  • Does this happen on a fresh Ooo document?
    Which Zotero and which Ooo plugin are you using?
  • It happens in every document I try - new blank ones, old full text ones.

I'm using OO 3.1.0 and Zotero 1.0.10 with Zotero.oxt plug-in for mac.
  • Can you provide any more of the error message? Alternatively, can you either post a screenshot somewhere and link to it or send the screenshot to support@zot....org with a link to this thread?
  • edited July 30, 2009
    Also, just to make sure, did you completely remove the Zotero plugin from OO, restart OO to make sure it was gone from the extension manager, download the latest OO plugin for Zotero 1.0 from this site, and reinstall? Reinstalling OO wouldn't necessarily affect OO user data.