Exporting Child Notes to Word

I would like to be able to export the child notes with a given label to a Word or Doc file. Is there a way to do that? I'd like to be able to read all my citations in one place, categorized by topic, and copy paste them.
  • BBT includes a "Collected Notes" exporter that will export notes to HTML. You could set up a search for the tag, and export the results of that search using "Collected Notes". IIRC, Word supports HTML.

• You don't need BBT for this — you can just drag notes to any text field, including Word, with rich text.

Note that Select All will select just the matches for an active search, so just make sure your search conditions match only the child notes and then press Cmd-A/Ctrl-A.
  • I omitted to add that I needed to do this for dozens of notes so... drag and drop is a bit too tedious for this. I was hoping to find a way to grab all the notes at once and just dump them in one file.
  • edited August 14, 2020
    Yes, that's what I gave instructions for. You just need a search that matches the notes, and then you can use Select All and drag them all at once. Zotero will add dividers between them in the target document.
  • I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Select All isn't doing it for me.

Generating a Report on a saved Advanced Search and then doing a copy/past is very close to what I want. The only thing that's missing is the author/creator field.
  • I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Select All isn't doing it for me.
    You'd have to say more. Select All will match the items that match the search. If you want to use Select All, you'd have to construct a search (or possibly a pair of chained searches, depending on complexity) that matches only notes, with parent items and attachments in gray.

Reports show authors, so I'm not sure what you mean there.