Report ID: 1745676271

Hi,

In the latest version of Zotero (not sure if this was happening before) attempting to export an entry that includes a web snapshot fails with "An error occurred while trying to export the selected file.". As far as I can tell the output format doesn't matter, the export always fails.

If the problem entry is part of a selection of entries to be exported, the export fails as well.

The other attachments are linked files managed with Zotfile. I also have Better Bibtex installed.

Best.
  • [JavaScript Error: "Component returned failure code: 0x80520008 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ALREADY_EXISTS) [nsIFile.create]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/file.js" line: 990}]
    Have you symlinked/aliased the 'storage' directory in your Zotero data directory to another location (specifically a broken one)? Is there something else unusual about how you've set up your data directory?
  • My data directory is in ~/Local/Zotero. Otherwise I'm using Zotfile to put all the PDF attachments in a Dropbox-synced folder (~/Local/Zotero is not on dropbox, to be clear).

Another symptom is that I can open the linked PDFs without issue, but not the web snapshots (I don't use these at all so I hadn't noticed before).
  • I'm asking about the 'storage' directory within your data directory. Did you try to symlink or alias it to another location?
  • @dstillman, please disregard this report. I just realized ~/Local/Zotero/storage was symlinked and Dropbox had removed the linked directory.

Thanks for your time.
  • (I've given this a clearer error message for the next version.)
  • Great, thanks!