Ovid MEDLINE reference

When a reference has multiple paragraphs in the abstract (introduction, methods, results and conclusion), Zotero doesn’t capture all. Ex: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00423-020-01930-y . With PubMed I have all the information. Can you help me? 
  • Sorry, I'm not quite clear what this is about. Your subject says Ovid, the link goes to Springerlink. For the article you link to, the short abstract is what Springer puts in the metadata (check the file you download under "Download Citations") -- there isn't much we can do about that.
  • edited July 16, 2020
    I'd love it if a Zotero translator could work a miracle and capture the full abstracts from these publishers but without changes in the metadata policies at the publisher this will require a lot of effort. Items from Medline/PubMed with truncated abstracts on OVID or EBSCO are also that way if directly obtained from PubMed or even the publisher website.

The metadata available from the publisher website for _some_ Springer journals only has shortened abstracts. Indeed, the "expanded" metadata available to licensed database providers via FTP also only contains the abbreviated abstracts. [The expanded metadata includes things such as author affiliations, ORCID IDs, etc.] I find that for these articles I must copy and paste the abstract from the Springer website.

This problem also exists for _most_ Oxford University Press articles except that the abstracts there are more brutally truncated at (if I recall correctly) 120 characters. For Oxford journals I routinely use the Zotero DOI translator and copy/paste the abstract from the journal website.

edit:
    Allow me add that Zotero can accomplish astounding things. I recently added a PDF file by drag-and-drop and Zotero found (accurate) metadata including the DOI (!) that wasn't anywhere on the version of the file I dragged. Makes me wonder if some of the developers received part of their training at Hogwarts