Importing entries from old zotero to new

Hi,

My old machine kind of crashed and now I have manage to import the zotero folders to an external hard disk. Meanwhile, for some weeks, I have started a new zotero on my new machine, whit a new structure (leaner and cleaner) and so I need to get content from the old into this one, but I do not want all of it - the old one is big and less systematic and I just want to pick and choose entries from it. Any tips and best practice would be appreciated.
  • If you were using syncing on the old computer, the libraries would be merged automatically.

If not, you can temporarily disable auto-sync from the Sync pane of the preferences, point Zotero at the old data directory from the Advanced → Files and Folders pane of the Zotero preferences, export the items you want to keep to Zotero RDF (with files), and then reset the data directory setting and import the RDF file into the new library. Then turn auto-sync back on.
  • Thank you, that worked! I just tried with a folder and it all went well, except the two subfolders was not created - but the entries came directly under main folder. That works for me!