Add/Edit Bibliography doesn't work appropriately

Hi,

I'm using Word for Mac (v.16.3), Zotero 5.0.83, and im trying to add a Bibliography from my citations in the text in Harvard style. The problem is that the format is not used correctly: all citations are simply written in succession without separation, so that it is very confusing. Did someone have the same problem and could solve it ? Thanks for your help in advance!
  • That sounds like some odd styling issue in Word. Does that happen in a completely new document with just 2-3 sample citations too?
  • edited January 24, 2020
    This is an example:
    Allali, S., Brousse, V., Sacri, A.-S., Chalumeau, M., de Montalembert, M., 2017. Anemia in children: prevalence, causes, diagnostic work-up, and long-term consequences. Expert Rev. Hematol. 10, 1023–1028. https://doi.org/10.1080/17474086.2017.1354696
    Bejnordi, B.E., Veta, M., Diest, P.J. van, Ginneken, B. van, Karssemeijer, N., Litjens, G., Laak, J.A.W.M. van der, Hermsen, M., Manson, Q.F., Balkenhol, M., Geessink, O., Stathonikos, N., Dijk, M.C. van, Bult, P., Beca, F., Beck, A.H., Wang, D., Khosla, A., Gargeya, R., Irshad, H., Zhong, A., Dou, Q., Li, Q., Chen, H., Lin, H.-J., Heng, P.-A., Haß, C., Bruni, E., Wong, Q., Halici, U., Öner, M.Ü., Cetin-Atalay, R., Berseth, M., Khvatkov, V., Vylegzhanin, A., Kraus, O., Shaban, M., Rajpoot, N., Awan, R.,

It happens always when I use the "Add/Edit Bibliography" function. It works fine if I only I copy a library folder or use a new document with just 2-3 samples.
  • If it works in a new document, then this sounds like an issue with the Word style in the existing document. Try to delete the bibliography, change to a different style and back, then re-insert the bibliography.
  • that worked, thank you so much!
  • The problem reoccurs after every restart and when adding a new citation. With the above Tip i can solve it again, but unfortunately it takes a very long time - does anyone have any ideas how to solve the problem in the long term?