Zotero slowed down drastically despite purchasing storage

I am currently doing two systematic reviews simultaneously. I had purchased storage and yet, zotero is extremely slow and stuck. Even though my laptop is an older version HP with 2GB RAM and core i3, it is not slow while i am using other functions.
This has happened since last month after I had imported large volumes of references into zotero. There was no issue till then.
Please help
Sincerely,
Mathew
  • A storage subscription is unrelated to performance.

How many items are in your Zotero library? Can you provide a Debug ID for a specific operation that's slow?
  • Purchasing storage has no impact at all on Zotero's speed. It just means that you can sync your local Zotero database online; nothing on this site should lead you to believe differently.

I'm afraid with a 2GB RAM laptop and a Zotero Database of the size typical for a systematic review, you're just seeing natural performance issues and there's unlikely to be much you can do.

If you don't need full text indexing, you can set the index to 0 pages in the Search pane of the Zotero preferences and that might help.
  • There are 14469 items in my library.
    I am unable to obtain the Debug ID as a lock symbol is shown at its place..
    I will copy-paste a small part of the debug output..

Submit… Clear Submitted with Debug ID [JavaScript Error: "Error 413 for item V665QR8E in My Library: ZoteroObjectUploadError: The creator name ‘Bandura, Benton, Berstralh, Borne, Brodie, Brodie,……’ is too long to sync. Shorten the name and sync again. If you receive this message repeatedly for items saved from a particular site, you can report this issue in the Zotero Forums."] [JavaScript Error: "The creator name ‘Bandura, Benton, Berstralh, Borne, Brodie, Brodie,……’ is too long to sync. Shorten the name and sync again. If you receive this message repeatedly for items saved from a particular site, you can report this issue in the Zotero Forums." {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync/syncEngine.js" line: 1305}]...................
  • I doubt it'll help with performance, but you are getting a sync error because of a creator (author, likely) that's too long.
    I'd guess you imported from Ovid? That often leads to endless author lists all in one author field, with this as a result. No quick fix, I'm afraid.
  • But to be clear, @mathewjvalamparampil, you should either fix or delete the item identified in that message (and empty the trash if necessary) so that syncing goes through properly without an error message. Repeated failed syncs of large amounts of data can, in fact, slow things down.