Generate report from item

Hello, Generate report from item disable. The item was working.
I click the button to create the report and no action happens. It is as if the button is disabled. ID error: 287762997

zotero 5.080;
Linux Ubuntu 19.10;
Chromin; Version 79.0.3945.79 (Official Build) snap (64-bit)

Thank you. Have a great day
  • Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) from Zotero startup through the attempt to generate a report?
  • @dstillman D1213993950 - This ?
  • edited January 14, 2020
    Are you still experiencing the problem in 5.0.81? There's no indication of a problem in tha output. Can you say what exactly you're doing — including the exact things that you're clicking on — and what's happening?
  • Hello, thank you for support. Yes, Zotero 5.0.81 - Update recently - Linux Ubuntu 19.10;
    Chromin; Version 79.0.3945.79 (Official Build) snap (64-bit).

1. I have problema about Libre Office conector. After the update stopped working.
    2. Several times I click on the chromium connector to save the page as a quote and it is not possible. No action is taken.

Solution try - I removed the zotero and installed it again. The connector problem continues.
    On the libre office website there is no more connector. On the Zotero website it doesn't work.
  • Generate a report doesn't have anything to do with the LibreOffice plugin or the Chrome connector. If you're having problems with those, start separate threads. (The LO extension isn't something you install from a website, so you shouldn't try to.)

For the report issue, you still haven't said exactly what you're doing and what's happening.
  • The problem that Zotero presents is what I reported. After the last update the connectors with chromium and LibreOffice are not working. I see no other way to explain the problem.
  • You need to say exactly what you’re clicking on, from Zotero startup through the problem occurring, including everything you see on screen and every part of the interface you’re interacting with. Just referring to a “button” (there’s no button to generate a report) isn’t enough.
  • Hello, thank you again. Ok.

I've installed Libre Office Version: 6.3.4.2
    Build ID: 1:6.3.4-0ubuntu0.19.10.1
    CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.3; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
    Locale: pt-BR (pt_BR.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
    Calc: threaded

Libre Office does not recognize the zotero extension as valid. This happened after the last Zotero update. I don't know the problem is in the Libre Office, Ubuntu 19.10 or in Zotero. The message libre office gives is that the Zotero file does not exist. So, it is not possible to use Zotero with the libre office at this time. I have a help ticket on Ubuntu Forum and a help ticket on Libre Office Forum for the same problem.
  • Again, if you're having trouble with LibreOffice or Chrome, you should start separate threads for those issues, along with the exact error messages you're receiving. Those have nothing to do with generating a report, which is what this thread is about, and if you're having trouble with that you need to provide the information I ask for above.
  • edited January 22, 2020
    [error report removed — D.S.]

This is information Zotero software desktop. This is number that Zotero generated D1213993950 -

If this instruction does not have an error, thanks for the support.

New error report : 1392380662 - it is Zotero who is asking me to communicate the problem
  • Sorry, we're talking past each other. Forget all the technical stuff for now. For us to even understand what's happening, you need to describe in some detail what you're actually doing/seeing, which is not at all clear. So something like:

"I'm selecting three items in the middle panel in Zotero, then right-click, and select generate report. I'd expect the report to open in a new Window, but instead I'm just getting an empty window." (obviously describe what you're doing or seeing, this is just a made-up example)
    Other mensage:

[error report removed — D.S.]
  • Please stop posting the contents of error reports — that's not what we're asking for, and the Report ID number is sufficient. See our posts above for what kind of information we need.

If you're no longer experiencing a problem generating a report from an item — which this thread was about — then there's no need to continue posting in this thread.
  • Ok. I undestand.

2 problems

I open Libre Office. After lasted Zotero update it lost the connection. Then, I click

Libre Office ---> tools --> Extension Maneger --> get more extension on line

I go to: https://extensions.libreoffice.org/extensions/zotero-libreoffice-integration

There is no Zotero Extension to integrate with Libre Office.

Other way

Libre Office ---> tools --> Extension Maneger --> add ---> Open Zotero Folder ----> Extension ---> zoteroOpenOfficeIntegration@zotero.org ----> Install --> Zotero_OpenOffice_Integration.oxt

Libre Office error is : Add Extension(s): /home/usuario/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lurreo8.tmp_/Zotero_OpenOffice_Integration.oxt does exist.

//**********************************************
    Google Chromium problems

I've the connector

I open this page : http://www.fao.org/3/a-ar428f.pdf

I click on the connector to save. No action. Nothing happens. I right-click on the mouse, then click save for Zotero, nothing happens. Then, Zotero opens the error window and asks you to post the number on the forum.

Thanks for listening. Sorry for not knowing the technique.

OK, well, I've asked you repeatedly to start new threads — meaning to click "Start a new discussion" at the top of the page and make a new post for each separate issue — for problems with LibreOffice and Chrome, since you started this thread describing a problem with Generate Report from Item. But it doesn't seem like that's going to happen, so I guess we'll try to debug everything in this thread.

If you're having trouble understanding what we're saying, it might be helpful if you have someone work with you in person to translate our responses, or you can try running our responses through Google Translate.

Regarding LibreOffice, we don't say anywhere to install the extension from the LibreOffice website, so don't try to do that. The extension is bundled with Zotero, and you should be able to reinstall it into LibreOffice from the Cite → Word Processors pane of the Zotero preferences. If that's not working, you would want to follow the manual installation instructions. It sounds like you're trying that, though it's not clear if you're doing that correctly — I'm not sure what "Open Zotero Folder ----> Extension" means.

If you're sure you're following the manual installation instructions correctly, you may want to try deleting the LibreOffice config directory, though you'll lose any other LibreOffice settings.
    I open this page : http://www.fao.org/3/a-ar428f.pdf

I click on the connector to save. No action. Nothing happens.
    It may help to reload the PDF once or twice in the browser. You want to make sure that you see the PDF icon before you try to save, and that when you hover over it it says "Save to Zotero (PDF)".
    I use Linux. The file path is correct.

This link is to MAC and WIN
    https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_manual_installation

Thank you for support
  • Sorry, we're not able to communicate here. You're welcome to post in Portuguese, but I suggest that you ask someone to help you translate our posts so that you're able to follow our recommendations. You're not really responding to anything we're saying, so we're not going to be able to help you.
    You solve the question. https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_manual_installation

I removed Zotero via the Ubuntu terminal. I removed Libre Office. I remade the whole installation. The libre office recognized Zotero and now I can use the system. Thank you @dstillermann for you support. The problem is an installation error. I report Bug to Canonical via sudo ubuntu-bug. The same to Libre office via sudo ubuntu-bug libreoffice and Chromium

I speak English perfectly and 5 more languages. https://alexgarcias.com.br/blog. Language is not a problem. The problem is the difference between technical system knowledge. You know Zotero, I don't. If I were an "expert" in Zotero there would be no reason to ask for support.
  • I'm glad you resolved the problem, but just to be clear, this wasn't about technical knowledge, and no one expects you to be an expert. We repeatedly asked you to 1) start separate threads for the LibreOffice and Chrome issues and 2) explain, in completely non-technical terms, what the actual problem was that you were experiencing for the Generate Report from Item issue you started this thread to address. You did neither of those things. So either there's a language barrier or you're simply not taking the time to read what we're saying to you. If you want further help here in the future, you'll need to do that.