Zotero Connector and Google Scholar Issue

Hi,

I'm using the latest versions of all software on Mac osx 10.13.6.

When I'm searching in scholar using Firefox, the Zotero plugin shows the little folder icon. A lot of the time, I don't want to click through to the relevant link, I just want to collect the reference from the search results page. When I click on the folder icon, Firefox just disappears from the screen and the window to select references from search results doesn't come up. Firefox doesn't close or crash, and when I click on the icon in the dock it reappears with all open tabs just as they were.

I've tried reinstalling everything but the problem still persists.
  • What makes you say that Firefox isn't closing or crashing? Do you see a running indicator in the Dock (if "Show indicators for open applications" is enabled in the Dock preferences)? Is the Firefox window somehow moving behind other windows on your system? Can you focus it with Cmd-Tab or Mission Control?
  • HI,

Yes, Firefox running indicator still shows in the dock. I have hot corners set up. So when I flip into mission control, the Firefox window isn't there. It's not minimised in the dock either. It's as if I've X'd it. When I click on the icon, it Firefox reappears just as I left it except there is not pop-up for the Zotero folder connector.
  • Does this happen if you disable all other Firefox extensions? Does it happen if you uninstall and reinstall the Zotero Connector? If so, does it happen in a new Firefox profile?