"Open with" window

Hello!
This is a minor, cosmetic issue, and probably there is an easy fix, but I could not find it in either the preferences or the forum.
When I open a PDF file stored in Zotero, I am prompted every time, which software shall be used to open it (since I have several programmes that can display PDFs). Is there any way to permanently store the choice? This is a minor nuisance, but it decreases my productivity.
Thank you in advance!
  • edited November 14, 2019
    What OS? That shouldn't happen — it should use your system's default PDF reader automatically. See the top section here: https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/file_handling_issues

(But while I'd recommend trying to fix it, you can also just set your preferred PDF reader from the General pane of the Zotero preferences.)
  • Hey, thanks for getting back! I am using Linuxmint. But I am also quite new to Linux, so I don't fully know what I am doing. When I try to set the custom preferred PDF reader (qpdfview), Zotero does display the folder it is in (usr/share/applications), but not qpdfview.desktop inside the folder, so I can't select it.
  • That's just a .desktop file, not the application itself. You would need to pick the actual path to the executable (which you can see if you look at the .desktop file contents).