Export bibtex file (with references)

I imported both a WOS and Scopus ".bib" files into a Zotero group. Than, after duplicates elimination, I try to export the library that resulted as a BibTeX file. However, the "References" column, part of the original imported BibTeX files, disappears (i.e. I get an uncompleted BibTeX file).

Any way to work this around ??

Thanks !!
  • What is the “References” field used for in the BibTeX file? That is not a standard BibTeX field as far as I am aware.
  • References isn't a standard bibtex field so Zotero wouldn't import (or export) it.

More generally, Zotero has no formal way to store references of items, so you'd lose those in any import/export process.
  • BBT keeps unmapped bibtex fields in the extra field and will re-export them.
  • @emilianoeheyns Just opened a new issue through GitHub. I will try to see if I can append back the initial BBT "references" to the exported file through Python. Anyway, I will greatly appreciate if you have any way around this (this "extra" field where is located? I can't see it in my export options or file).

@bwiernik I mean the bibliography of each scientific article, which can be downloaded directly in a BibTeX with WOS and Scopus.
  • From the looks of it, references contains formatted bibliographies, I assume a list of papers cited by the article in question. I first assumed it would be citekeys. This could perhaps be imported as a note, I don't see much value in round-tripping this in bibtex im-export.
  • Yes, sorry, Zotero isn’t able to handle that sort of information.