Error Report 188835331

Just ran into this error when double clicking on a found item in advanced search, while Zotero was in the process of retrieving the whole "My library" list in order to pinpoint the item there. The error message showed something reading "timeout" or the like, maybe this is due to my database being *slightly* bigger than most others I guess, +200k items now. I am running a portable Zotero and database from an external SSD/USB3 and so far am quite satisfied with response times and performance. Hope the info is useful to someone, will be glad to respond / follow up if the snag comes up again. Cheers, Christian.

***Zotero is great***
  • [JavaScript Error: "Component returned failure code: 0x8052000e (NS_ERROR_FILE_IS_LOCKED) [mozIStorageService.backupDatabaseFile]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js" line: 1011}]
    [JavaScript Error: "out of memory"]
    [JavaScript Error: "out of memory" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/itemTreeView.js" line: 274}]
    Zotero.ItemTreeView.prototype.setTree@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/itemTreeView.js:274:5
    OK, thanks. While this probably shouldn't happen regardless, we have some changes planned for the Windows version that should help with very large libraries. (Zotero on Windows is still 32-bit, so its memory usage is limited. We're working on a 64-bit version.)
  • Thanks for looking into this. Yes, "out of memory" it was. Only happened once or twice anyway, during 24/7 use, basically. Otherwise, all running smoothly.
    Looking forward to the 64-bit version, and everything else around Zotero. Keep up the good work.