Zotero Crashes Immediately on Catalina dev Beta

Dear Zotero Team,

I'm on macOS Catalina dev beta 9 and I can't open Zotero. Even using right click-> Open doesn't work. Zotero starts bouncing in the dock and immediately closes again without anything showing up. I've tried it using Zotero 5.0.74 and 5.0.75 beta. Thank you for your help!
  • Both 5.0.74 and 5.0.75-beta are working for me on Beta 10. Can you generate debug output in Terminal and email it to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread?
  • @whoisthis: Were you able to get this working? We'd obviously want to know if people were having trouble with Catalina before the GM ships.
  • edited October 3, 2019
    Hi @dstillman thank you for your response! When I enter "/Applications/Zotero.app/Contents/MacOS/zotero -ZoteroDebugText" in the Terminal the same thing happens and there is only one line of output:

zsh: segmentation fault /Applications/Zotero.app/Contents/MacOS/zotero -ZoteroDebugText

I reckon this has nothing to do with Zotero directly?
  • edited October 3, 2019
    It could, but we're not seeing it. You've upgraded to Catalina Beta 10?

Can you temporarily rename your Zotero data directory (e.g., to Zotero-Temp), download a build from the dev channel, and try that? That's a pre-beta build, so you shouldn't open your main data directory with it or stay on it beyond this test, but it would be good to know if it works any better for you.