Changing to Bookends as a reference manager

Hi, I've been using Zotero for a while, but need to migrate to Bookends for better integration into Mellel. Is there a way to export Word documents, which have citations created using Zotero Word plug-in, in such a way that Bookends will recognise them, and I will be able to edit the citations (in Word) using bookends? Is there a way to get Zotero to produce citations that a Bookends scan will recognise, for instance?
Sorry to be asking a 'leaving Zotero' question - I love this software, just wish it had better Mellel/Scrivener integration.
Thanks
  • Those would be questions for Bookends, I'm afraid.
  • Thanks, I'll ask at that end also
  • edited August 8, 2019
    Better Scrivener integration would be easy to do (for markdown documents at least) if L&L actually cared enough about it to allow us to build it. The hold up is on their end, but if you ask on their forums, you're likely to get a scolding by Scrivener loyalists that things are The Way They Should Be.
  • I love scrivener but there are now many copy cat programs that meet the same goals. I love Zotero it saved my sanity during my masters.

Literature and Latte really do not seem to care. Every time I look on their message boards I see exactly what you are saying. People scoffing at the idea that their software cant be perfected. That scrivener referencing is quite frankly shambolic, ugly and difficult.

I also get the impression that they look down on windows users as windows peasants.
  • What kind of copycats? Color me interested.

• https://alternativeto.net/software/scrivener/?license=opensource

Organon looked promising but didn't work for me, Manuskript also looked great but I think it still needs more work. It seems that every writing tool I have come across, which does look great and has a lot of the same features as scrivener, seems to be Apple-based.
  • Literature and Latte is treating its Windows users horribly in my view. I can only rely on my own observations, but having recently partly switched to Windows (I own both the Mac and Windows versions of Scrivener) I was amazed by the snobbery but also appalled by the lack of polish on the Windows version. The release of Scrivener 3 for Windows has been continually postponed for years now, and have switched to Typora for most long-form writing (despite the problems that brings).
    Most alternatives appear to be aimed at writers of fiction and as a writer of non-fiction and academic manuscripts, those are of limited use to me. But Manuskript looks promising.
  • Marktext is a Markdown editor that seems open to formally support pandoc-style citation syntax highlighting