add note in bibliography

Hello.
Some journals ask for footnotes to be put in bibliography and referred to by a number in the paper, like follow:

MAIN TEXT
This is sentence referring to a paper [8] and a note [9].

BIBLIOGRAPHY
[...]
[8] Author (Date) Normal reference
[9] This is a note.
[...]

I haven't been able to find how to achieve that with zotero. It would require to add an item type "note", but such an item does not exist. Is it possible to do that? If yes, how?
Thanks a lot.
  • There isn't much you can do (I know some journals do this, but it makes no sense conceptually, which is why Zotero/CSL isn't really set up for it).
    The best I can offer is to create a standalone note in Zoteo and cite that via the classic view of the add citation dialog (click on the little arrow on the left). The text of the note will truncate after the first 300(?) characters, but it'll give you the number in the text and entry in the bibliography, which you can then manually edit once you're done with the rest.
  • It works. It truncates after 120 characters, but as long as it keeps tracks of the numbers I can then manually edit the note, as you said.
    Thanks a lot.
  • Are notes still truncated in the bibliography after 120 characters? Or has functionality been added? As sv4 noted, some journals ask for this and it would be great if Zotero could provide this functionality.
  • Nothing new here I'm afraid.