Why tags can not be saved?

Hi guys.
Every time I created a new tag but then it can not be saved which I want to use the tag again, but it always failed...
Does anybody know why? My version is Windows 10 64X...
Thanks!
  • How exactly are you adding the tag? How is it failing?

https://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_problems
  • edited May 14, 2019
    @dstillman For example, I would add "Economics" on one pdf file named A. After that I want to use the "Economics" tag that I've created, but there is nothing in the list of tags. {I edited below}
  • For example, I would add "Economics" on one pdf file named A. After that I want to use the "Economics" tag that I've created on another file B, but there is nothing in the list of tags, I have to rewrite it... @dstillman
  • See my link for the kind of info we need.
  • @dstillman Thx! Sorry I'm new here...
    My question is, whether our Zotero has no function that I could creat one type tag and select it to all files?

Well, here is my situation:
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Start Zotero.
    2. Click on one file named "A" in "my library" in the left pane.
    3. Click on the "Tags" in the right pane, which shows there is no tag now.
    4. Creat one tag on the file "A" as "Economics".
    5. Click on another file named "B" in "my library" in the left pane, and I want to add the tag that I created - "Economics" on it.
    6. But click on the "Tags" in the right pane, there is no tag, even I have created one.

• The right-hand pane just shows the tags on the selected item — you wouldn't see any tags there for an item you haven't yet added tags to. When you start typing there, it'll autocomplete from existing tags.

You can see all the tags associated with items in the current view by looking in the tag selector in the bottom left, and you can assign tags to one or more items by dragging items to those tags.

https://www.zotero.org/support/collections_and_tags#the_tag_selector
  • @dstillman Thank you so much!! Your respond helped a lot!