Zotero connector is not working on Chrome. I mean, it results available when I check if it works, but actually it dosn't import the items from Scholar to Zotero app. I think this is a problem with last updates of Chrome. I found that last version of Chrome (73 or later) has blocked this:

Cross-Origin Read Blocking (CORB). Cross-Origin Read Blocking (CORB) is an algorithm that can identify and block dubious cross-origin resource loads in web browsers before they reach the web page. CORB reduces the risk of leaking sensitive data by keeping it further from cross-origin web pages. In most browsers, it keeps such data out of untrusted script execution contexts. In browsers with Site Isolation, it can keep such data out of untrusted renderer processes entirely, helping even against side channel attacks like Spectre.

I'm using Firefox now...how can I solve this problem? Could you help me? Is it something on which you are working? Thanks.
  • Zotero works just fine for me on Chrome 73. You'll have to run through https://www.zotero.org/support/troubleshooting_translator_issues to troubleshoot & report issues.
  • edited March 14, 2019
    No, Chrome 73 (or at least some builds of it — maybe not Linux?) did break translation on some sites, including on Google Scholar. (It broke any cross-origin requests.) We've just pushed out a new connector version, 5.0.54, that fixes this. It should be available within about 30 minutes.
  • 5.0.54 is available now. If you don't have it yet, you can update manually from the Chrome Extensions pane, and then reload any page where you want to use it.
  • Thank you! It was working again until now....I was importing the items from scholar, when suddenly, I saw the error message which invite me to consult the roubleshooting_translator_issues page. What's up?
  • Ok, but actually I was importing around 5-6 items, so that's strange! I'm using the google library as mentioned in the page, but...i't very very uncomfortable. Do you know if zootero importer in these cases will authomatically re-start working later?