this keeps happening, what can i do?

The creator name “Banda, Baune, Bernstein, Bulik-Sullivan, Cai, Casp…” in one of your items is too long to sync. Shorten the field and sync again.
  • Search for that author and fix it (it looks like all of the authors imported into a single field instead of individual author fields). Where did you import that item from?
  • I keep doing that but i get repeated messages. From web of science, but keeps happening on psycinfo too
  • That generally shouldn’t happen. How exactly are you importing?
  • i've tried different ways
    First way - pressing the envelope icon - which doesn't work at all on psycinfo and comes up with the repeated error message on web of science
    Second way on psyc info- using the export button - ris file, then importing onto zotero (file, import). This way i get the error message repeatedly
  • Which PsycInfo is that? Ovid, APA's own, something else?

Generally this means the import data is broken, most likely writing all authors into a single author tag (RIS requires AU - in front of every individual author).

WoS import should just work, though, similarly if you just export ISI format and re-import.
  • ovid psyc info

What does Wos import mean? And how do i export ISI? Please could you do me a screen shot?
  • WoS = Web of Science. What exactly is the error you're getting when you click on the Save to Zotero button there?

ISI export = Standard Web of Science export:
    - Select items
    - Save to other File Formats at the top
    - Select Full Record / Other Reference Software

Save the file, then use "Import" from Zotero.
  • so that has worked but i get the error message again:

"The creator name “Banda, Baune, Bernstein, Bulik-Sullivan, Cai, Casp…” in one of your items is too long to sync. Shorten the field and sync again.

If you receive this message repeatedly for items saved from a particular site, you can report this issue in the Zotero Forums."
  • i tried to fix it by 'restoring to library' then deleting the editor to try and make it shorter.
    But then it just comes up with another one, and another one etc.

Am i doing something wrong?
  • What OS are you on?
  • The error message refers to items that are already in your database, not necessarily related to the last import, so before importing you should make sure that sync goes through without errors once. Have you done that?