Feature request: Add notes from Zotero Connector interface

Hi everyone! I love the (somewhat) new Zotero Connector interface, and have been using it to add tags to Zotero items as they download.

Would it be possible to use the same interface to create a note? This was mentioned in a post in 2017 (https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/67539/enter-information-tags-notes-and-verify-in-chrome-connector-before-downloading/p1) but I haven't seen more recent discussions of it.

I haven't written browser plugin code before, but would be happy to contribute if pointed in the right direction!
  • I don't think we want to add too much more to that popup, and I think it would get a bit out of control if we tried to put a note field in there.

The item is selected in Zotero when you save, though, so you just need to switch to Zotero and add the note there. We're also planning to restore a feature from the older Zotero for Firefox that lets you add selected text from a webpage as a note to the currently selected item in Zotero.

(Implementing a note field yourself would be quite difficult, because it would involve changes to both Zotero and the Zotero Connector.)
  • Thanks a lot! I read about that feature and think it could be helpful.

I really enjoy Zotero and appreciate all the time you and your team spend speaking to users on this forum.