The Data disappear when I try to sync manually

Hello,

I try to sync my Data from my local Zotero to my library online. But I noticed during the process all my data on my local Zotero disappear

I hope you will be abble to help me

Mantote
  • But I noticed during the process all my data on my local Zotero disappear
    What do you mean by that, exactly? What do you see? After syncing, do you see the same data that you see in your online library on this site?
  • No, my online library is empty. I restored my local zotero.
  • _ But I noticed during the process all my data on my local Zotero disappear _

I mean all my files on my local zotero disappear
  • Not sure what you mean by that. You have items online in the account you're posting from.

You'll need to say more about what you're actually seeing in different locations for us to be able to help you.
  • No actually my items online are empty.

In my local zotero, i have all my files. But when I try to sync my items from my local zotero to my online library all my files disappear (in my local zotero)
  • edited January 8, 2019
    I don't know where you're looking, but the account you're posting from has 64 top-level items in My Library and is the owner of a group with hundreds of items.

Can you take some screenshots that show 1) what you're referring to in the online library, including the top of the webpage, 2) what you're referring to in your local Zotero, and 3) the Sync pane of the preferences where you've set up syncing? You can either upload those somewhere (e.g., Dropbox) and provide a link here or, if you'd prefer not to share them publicly, email them to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread.
  • Hello,

I sent it at support@zotero.org

Mantote
  • It looks like the person you're helping just hasn't synced. "Sync automatically" isn't enabled in the preferences, and the right-hand pane is sized such that the Sync button in the top-right corner of Zotero — which is necessary if they're going to sync manually — isn't showing. Decrease the size of the right-hand pane until you see the sync icon again, and then sync manually and/or enable auto-sync in the preferences.
  • Exactly, that is our problem. When we try to sync manualy and/or enable auto-sync in the preferences, we lose all files in the local zotero (They disappear)
  • It looks like a large number of items were deleted from that account — either online or from another synced computer — 5 days ago. When you sync, it's simply applying those deletions to the local library.

If you want to keep the version you have locally on that computer, you can use Restore to Online Library from the Sync → Reset pane of the preferences to replace the server version with the local version.
  • Thank you. We will try that and i will be back to you