Admin/Editor/Viewer Levels for Zotero Groups with Lab Storage Plan?

Hi,

Our non-profit group recently purchased a lab storage plan for 40 people to help manage our research literature.
We are in the process of making Group Libraries for the different projects we have. It appears on the "Member Settings" page, there are only two levels for new user additions: Admin and Member.
Based on my understanding of how the groups work: Admins can add new members/admins and edit the libraries, but Members can only view the library - not add any new items. Is this understanding correct?
I would really like to see a three tier system:
Admins - can add new users and dictate their level, edit libraries, etc.
Editors - can edit libraries, add new items, but cannot add new users or change their access level.
Viewers - can only view the libraries, cannot change or add new items.

Clarification on this would be greatly appreciated. Or if it's possible to modify the group tools so we could have this three tiered system, I would like to have that as a feature for our groups.

Thanks,

-Jenna
  • Based on my understanding of how the groups work: Admins can add new members/admins and edit the libraries, but Members can only view the library - not add any new items.
    No, that's incorrect. In the library settings you can choose whether all members or only admins can edit the library.
  • Thank you so much! That clears up the issue.