How to change date of Zotero

When I generate bibliographies in APA format it always says it was retrieved a day after the current date. For example, I would save a webpage and create citation on Oct 31 and it would say "Retrieved on Nov 1. It's kind of annoying to have to manually correct the date every time so I want know if there's a way to fix this. Thanks.
  • edited November 1, 2018
    I think Zotero might generate the access date based on UTC (i.e. basically UK time), but show you the date in your own time zone, so if you're accessing the item at 8pm on the US West Coast, it's 5am of the next day.

That's probably a bug (and certainly the discrepancy between UI and output is), but I'm also wondering why it'd matter enough to fix it manually: one day plus or minus seems irrelevant for the purpose of access dates, especially given that it was, in fact, the next day somewhere in the world and scholarship is international.

Edit: @dstillman I can replicate this on linux with US ET time -- would probably make sense to export CSL JSON with local and not UTC date to avoid confusion?
  • Looks like an old issue: https://github.com/zotero/zotero/issues/1069

I'll take a look.
  • So is there a way to change the time zone for retrieved date?
  • Not currently, no.
  • Zotero 5.0.61 is now available with this fix.
  • i have the same issue
  • edited May 6, 2021
    @Kmlemay86: This was fixed two years ago. If you're still having a problem, you'll need to say more, and provide a Report ID.