Zotero dialog too big for screen

edited July 19, 2018
Installing/configuring Zotero on a Lenovo ThinkPad E470 and the preferences window is too tall. Screen resolution is 1920x1080 with 150% scaling (the default):

https://heliosmedicalcomms-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/helios_comms_heliosmedcomms_com/EfmWoDrNCsBDogUooK1YbqcByqc6gy9tQA6pz97eOPJHag?e=bic6gv

• Is that an actual problem though? You have all buttons visible and you should be able to resize the Window should you want to
  • edited July 20, 2018
    No, it's not a major problem but as a software developer, I prefer to hear about all faults, no matter how minor - it adds to the overall polish of one's apps. One assumes Zotero dev team are the same? Interestingly on logging back onto the same laptop, the dialog preferences dialog resizes more logically now. Zotero did just update itself... Also, I didn't realise that dialog resizes as it doesn't have any visual indication that it does - looks like a fixed window dialog. Maybe add the cross-hatch to the bottom right to give a hint? Plus if you resize the windows smaller, there are no horizontal or vertical scroll bars.
  • I’ve encountered this too. The biggest issue for me is that the add-ones window is often too large and needs to be resized to be able to use it at all. I seem to remember Aurimas fixed this at some point, but it returned a few months ago.
  • In my experience, calling window.sizeToContent() helps. I call it on pane load for the BBT prefs.