OSCOLA subsequent citations

Hi, I'm using the OSCOLA style and am having two issues with respect to subsequent citations that I hope someone might be able to help me out with. First, the full name of the author appears on each subsequent citation, rather than just the surname; and second, the shortened title doesn't seem to appear for most sources, including books and articles, even where I have multiple sources by the same author (though the shortened title does seem to work for statutes and cases). Would anyone have any thoughts on how I might resolve these issues? Any help much appreciated!
  • Have you printed a bibliography for testing? It sounds like you have the authors input wrong in Zotero which might explain both of these issues. Remember that personal authors need to be entered as lastname, firstname in two separate fields.
  • Thanks so much for your help! That has solved the names issue! As to short titles, they only appear where two sources by the same author appear for the first time in the same footnote. I assume otherwise the cross-references to different footnotes are considered sufficient to differentiate, but it would be great if there were any way to include the short titles even in such cases? Thanks again very much!
  • Unfortunately that's not possible due to technical limitations (if you're interested: the style checks whether the citation would otherwise be ambiguous, which it isn't due to the cross reference).
  • Thanks very much for the clarification! Your help is much appreciated.