Issues with Bibliography reflecting changes made in Zotero app

I recently installed Zotero as a replacement for Mendeley, and it seemed like transferring my library and everything went well.

Been working on a manuscript with citations originally done in Mendeley, had some issues with both plugins being installed, but I think that Zotero has successfully taken over all of the in-text citations.

My main issue is that when I edit a citation (change capitalization/italics) in the Zotero app and then refresh the Bibliography in word, that edit is not reflected. I've rebooted both Word (for Mac v 16.15) and Zotero but the issue seems to remain.

Thanks for any help on this matter.
  • Can you replicate this in a new document with a freshly inserted citation & bibliography?
  • edited July 13, 2018
    When I just tried the citation I had been editing in a new document, the changes I had made were reflected in the bibliography, and when I would edit it in the Zotero app, the changes were reflected when I hit refresh in the plugin.
  • Is there a way to fix my old document, or am I going to need to do something else?
  • edited July 14, 2018
    I'm afraid in your old document Zotero is just reading the Mendeley data if you inserted the citations with Mendeley. Zotero isn't able to match the imported items to Mendeley citations in Word, if that's what you're trying to do.

edit: and if I'm right about that, the only way to fix this is to re-insert every instance of those citations in question.
  • Thanks for the help!

Re-inserting the citation fixed the problem.