Permission denied when setup file syncing using Webdev

edited June 21, 2018
I tried to setup the file syncing using WebDAV. I entered dav.box.com/dav as URL, zotero username and password and when I clicked the "Verify server" botton. An error message showed up saying that "The WebDAV server did not accept the username and password you entered. Please check your file sync settings or contact your WebDAV server administrator." I'd appreciate any suggestions and help! Thank you!

Error Report ID is: 263370220.
  • Did you enter the username and password to your box account or your zotero account? I think you need to use your box username/password for this test.
  • Thank you for your comments. I used both to try the test several times. But for Box account, I don't have the username because I just has the email address and password to register and login the Box account. Should I use Box community user name or my own name to do so? Thanks!
  • Your email address is usually correct for loggin into Box WebDAV.
  • The only other thing I can think of is the https dropdown might be wrong. I set this a while ago and remember some frustration at the time.

I hope you get it up and running.
  • Thank you all for your help and comments. The problem was solved. I think the problem was when I entered into my box username for verification, I only entered my email name (the part before @symbol ) instead of the complete email address. When I add "@gmail.com", it works out. I appreciate your help!
  • An easy thing to forget to do. And the instructions are not always all that helpful as people blur out their email address in visual examples!