"purge storage" when i'm using group folders?

edited February 12, 2018
Zotero was telling me my storage was over 300 mb even though i'm only using two group libraries (one with 400 references the other with 500). I was able to delete the PDF copies of the studies by going to the Zotero folder on my drive and adjusting my sync settings.

Now, in the desktop app, I don't have the error saying I've reached my storage limit. On the web version I still have this error.

I'm just a member of both of these libraries so I'm not sure why the online version is reaching this storage limit still. Should I click "Purge Library" or is there another workaround for getting back my storage space? And if I do use "Purge Library" will this affect the Group Libraries I'm a member of?
  • I was able to delete the PDF copies of the studies by going to the Zotero folder on my drive and adjusting my sync settings.
    It's not really clear what you mean by this, but if you just deleted files on disk and/or disabled file syncing, then that would stop you from getting the sync warning but wouldn't actually clear the files in your online library. The normal way to do that would be to actually delete the attachments in Zotero and then sync, though if you wanted to keep the files locally you could also disable file syncing for My Library and use Purge Storage to clear files in your online library, which would allow you to sync files to group libraries you own.

However, you're not the owner of either of the libraries you're in, so none of that would have any effect here. Group storage draws from the owner's quota, and you shouldn't have any trouble uploaded to those groups.