failing integration between Word for Mac & Zotero

Working on macOS High Sierra 10.13.2; Word for Mac 16.9.1; Zotero 5.0.34.6
When entering a citation via 'zotero insert citation' icon in the add-on menu bar, it directs me to Zotero, subsequently I enter the book and page number, click ok. Then {Citation} appears in footnote of word doc and that's it. It stays that way; the referenced work does not appear. Any idea what's going wrong? Thanks
  • How about when you use a citation style that doesn't use footnotes (for testing)? Does that work? And when you say "click OK" -- that means you're using the classic add citation dialog?
  • I tested with an endnote but same result. I have tried both dialog approaches, neither of them with result. The new one (the red interface) just stays on the screen. Hope this helps.
  • Report ID: 766379437

[JavaScript Error: "NS_ERROR_XPC_BAD_CONVERT_JS: Could not convert JavaScript argument arg 0 [nsIObserver.observe]" {file: "file:///Volumes/Data%20SSHD/Users/apple/Library/Application%20Support/Zotero/Profiles/4as43jdd.default/extensions/zoteroMacWordIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroMacWordIntegration.js" line: 403}]

version => 5.0.34.6, platform => MacIntel, oscpu => Intel Mac OS X 10.13, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.34.6, extensions => Zotero Word for Mac Integration (3.5.14.r10158, extension), Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.10.SA.5.0.34.6, extension), Shockwave Flash (28.0.0.161, plugin)
  • A new log report based on latest update of macOS and zotero (5.0.35-beta.21+f04a8c373)

[JavaScript Error: "The operation couldn't be completed. (OSStatus error -1728.) @[prepareReadFieldCode:document.m:205]" {file: "file:///Volumes/Data%20SSHD/Users/apple/Library/Application%20Support/Zotero/Profiles/4as43jdd.default/extensions/zoteroMacWordIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroMacWordIntegration.js" line: 211}]
  • Zotero Word for Mac Integration (3.5.14.r10158, extension)
    You seem to have installed the old add-in designed for Firefox into Zotero. Go into Tools -> Add-ins and remove it, then restart Zotero and reinstall the plugin in Zotero Preferences -> Cite -> Word Processors, which should fix it
  • Wow, thanks. That did the trick! Thanks ever so much!