Import bookmarks from firefox

I am aware that the standard way would be to export as html and then import.
But it does not work for me. Possibly because the format of the html was strongly changed in firefox 57?
Is there another way to get my bookmarks from firefox to zotero? Or is this just not working on my machine?
Thanks
  • What do you mean by use bookmarks in Zotero exactly? What do you expect from this step? Zotero is not web-browser.
  • Zotero can import Firefox bookmarks -- or at least it used to. @Baldr what error are you getting when you try?
  • I am new to Zotero so I didn't find any more information. The message box says:
    An error occurred while trying to import the selected file. Please ensure that the file is valid and try again.
  • This does not seem to be a common problem.
    I have a second pc with different bookmarks. These bookmarks can be imported correctly.
    No if I import the faulty file into firefox of the working machine and afterwards export it again. Then still the file cannot be imported by zotero. So I assume that there is a problem with one or more of the bookmarks.

In case it matters: Working machine and firefox bookmarks is Windows 10.
    Not working machine is Linux Mint.

But since the import on windows machine and export on windows machine still does not work I would rule out an OS/Firefox(linux) problem
  • I don't know what the problem was exactly. I had to remove all SHORTCUTURL entries from the file to import it. Something was screwed up with some of them.
    It seems it is allowed as the working bookmark file also had them but I didn't find out what exactly causes the problem. There were just too many of them to test it through.