Is the Zotero site down?

Zotero is unavailable on my Firefox and Chrome browsers.
  • no. What is the problem exactly? You can't access zotero.org or something else?
  • Do you have the Zotero app open on your computer?
  • Sorry for this delayed response. Whenever I try to click on the Zotero connector button in Firefox Developer Edition (58.0b16 (64-bit)) I get an error message. I submitted this error in Report ID 264316691.
  • I tried removing the Zotero add-in and then adding it back which has not resolved this issue. I also tried turning off all other add-ins which did not resolve this issue. This has been a sudden occurrence for me.
  • Thank you in advance for your prompt response. I appreciate your assistance.
  • I forgot to mention that I am on a Surface Book running Win 10 64-bit (10.0.16299 Build 16299)
    O/S.
  • When I click on the Save It To Zoetero button in Chrome (Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)) I get an error box with the following message: "Is Zotero Running? The Zotero Connector was unable to communicate with the Zotero destop application. The Connector can save some pages directly to your zotero org account, but for best results you should make sure Zotero is open before attempting to save. You can download Zotero or troubleshoot the connection if necessary."
  • Hurray, things appear to be working now on all fronts!
  • What was the issue out of curiosity?
  • We wouldn't be able to say. Likely just some internal communication channel ("port") that got freed up when you restarted Zotero or your browser.
  • @iamabadger: To be clear, "Is Zotero running" is referring to the Zotero program on your computer, not the Zotero website. The page I linked to explains this error and the ways to troubleshoot it.
  • I understand now. I did not realize that the web apps depend on the client version to be running. I'm sure you have this information included in your documentation and I glazed right over it. The reason things began working yesterday is because I pulled up the client version after trying the web apps. Again, thank you for your assistance and patience as I worked through this issue.
  • The Zotero Connector isn't a web app. It's a browser extension that runs on your computer.

The only thing that's a web app is the online library that you view on zotero.org.

The Zotero Connector can save to your online library if you tell it to, but by default it saves to the Zotero program.
  • Understood. :)