Can't recover previous account

Hi team,
I cannot recover my previous account's information. It seems to have happened after the Firefox upgrade (when the firefox plugin was not available any longer). I have tried recovery with all the email addresses I can think of, and usernames, but to no avail.

Is there a way to recover my previous references or gain access to my account from my name or other identification?

Thanks for the help!
AGB
  • Is this just about your online account, or also your data? After the Firefox 57 upgrade you would need to install the Zotero program, but your data should be intact, and in most cases it should also transfer your username (though you might need to set up syncing again).

If you see your data but there's no username entered in the Sync preferences, you can view the prefs.js from your Firefox profile directory in a text editor (e.g., Notepad, TextEdit) and search for extensions.zotero.sync.server.username to see the username you were syncing with.

But it's entirely possible to use Zotero without syncing, so there's no guarantee that you actually had an account before.