RFT/ODF Scan for incompatible with Zotero 5.0.33

I'm having problems scanning and odf document. I checked the plugins page and got the message that "RFT/ODF Scan for Zotero is incompatible with Zotero 5.0.33," and that the plugin was disabled.

Anyone else having this same problem? Any fix on the horizon?

I'm using the standalone Zotero app, version 5.0.33 on Mac, running High Sierra.

Stephen Jones
  • Pretty sure it should be compatible. Download the latest version from https://github.com/Juris-M/zotero-odf-scan-plugin/releases/tag/v2.0.35
  • Thanks for your reply.

FYI, with the incompatible plugin still installed I clicked the gear icon in the Add-ons Manager window and tried to update it, but got the message that no updates were available. That's why I posted my message to the Forum.

I've now upgraded the plugin, but am getting an error when processing my .odt file. I'm compiling the .odt in Scrivener 3.0.1. Not sure what to do about that.

Another thing to note: when I went to the GitHub site in Firefox and tried to download the .xpi file, I got the message that the RTF/ODT Scan for Zotero is not compatible with Firefox 57.0.1.

I know it's been said many times before, but I'll say it again: it would be so great if there were an easy way to connect Zotero and Scrivener.
  • You need to install the ODF Scan plugin into Zotero, not into Firefox. If the automatic update isn't working, just download the .xpi file from the link adamsmith posted above and then install into Zotero. It will update the plugin.
  • The update worked fine. That Zotero first told me there was no update is a problem.

Now that the software is installed, what could I do about tracking down the error in processing my .odt file?

Many thanks,
    Stephen
  • Okay, with ODF Scan 2.0.35 installed, when you try to run the RTF/ODF scan command on your document exported from Scrivener, what exactly happens?
  • I think the error is in my file itself, and I think I've tracked it down. Thanks for your help.