Linux standalone with webdav and behind proxy issues

Hi,

Running zotero as add-on went fine for a long time. Now, I'm forced to move to standalone and I can't find information about configuring proxy. And I can't find settings to configure webdav.

Who can help?

TIA
Roland
  • Setting for WebDAV are in the Sync tab of the Zotero app Preferences. Settings for proxy redirection are in the settings for the browser (Firefox/Chrome) Connector plugin.
  • There is no setting for WebDAV in the Sync tab. Even with proxy redirection I got an error for "set up syncing": Eror connecting to server. check you Internet connection.
  • According to the log files zotero is trying to connect directly (to 52.203.238.88:443/tcp)
  • You have to first enter your Zotero.org login details to enable data syncing before the file storage options (including WebDAV) appear.

That message you are getting usually results from security software or a bad OS proxy setting interfering with Zotero’s ability to connect to the sync server. Check your system proxy settings and try disabling any security software to see if the problem is fixed.

Also submit an Error Report ID (in the Help menu) and post it here for the Zotero devs to look at.
  • I don't have any kind of security software and no OS proxy settings (I've configured proxy settings in firefox only). Defining http_proxy and https_proxy doesn't solve this issue.

How can I create an Error Report without proxy?

[JavaScript Error: "The connection was refused when attempting to contact wss://stream.zotero.org/."]

[JavaScript Error: "WebSocket connection closed: 1006 "]

version => 5.0.24, platform => Linux x86_64, oscpu => Linux x86_64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.24, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.6.SA.5.0.24, extension)
  • Okay, we will need to wait for one of the devs to help out here.
  • Zotero uses your system proxy settings by default. If that's not what you want to use, you can apply the same settings from about:config in Firefox to the Config Editor in the Advanced pane of the Zotero preferences and then restart Zotero. (Proxy settings in the Zotero Connector are unrelated.)
  • Yeah, that solved my issues. @dstillman: Thank you so much