Username & PW lost, no idea which email address I used to create zotero account

Hi there,

I'm using zotero with WebDAV since years and yesterday my laptop crashed. I attached the harddrive to another computer to continue work until my laptop is fixed.
I'm trying to get zotero working again on the machine I'm using temporarily now but I can't log in as I do not remeber password and the email address I used back then when I set up zotero.
I do know the WebDAV credentials only.

Any help would be very much appreciated...

Josuah
  • Do you have the username for the old account?
  • You can email support@zotero.org with any info you remember (no passwords), including any group libraries you were in.
  • @josuah-draht: Actually, if you have your old hard drive, you can look in the profile directory (for either Zotero Standalone or Zotero for Firefox), open the prefs.js file in a text editor, and search for "username". It should show your previous sync username, which you can use to reset your password (assuming you still have access to the email address).
  • Yes, I found the old username in the prefs.js file. Thanks for that. How can I find out to which email address it is linked? As the pw recovery form is not accepting just username.
  • You can email support@zotero.org with the username and a link to this thread, and we'll take a look.