Double-clicking on item in Advanced Search window doesn't select item in main window

This discussion was created from comments split from: Now available: Zotero 5.0.
  • When carrying out an extended search (erweiterte Suche in my German version) the search works well but if I click on one of the results It used to show that entry in my library wher I could edit it. The link between search results and main library seems to be brocken. Or am I missing something?
  • @4chm The Advanced Search feature definitely is still supposed to take you to the item in your library when you double click on it in the search results. If that is not the case, can you submit an Error Report ID (https://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_problems) and also a Debug Log ID (https://www.zotero.org/support/debug_output) for an attempt to double click an item in the search results that doesn't go to the library item?

@dstillman Can you split this into a new thread?
  • @bwiernik For what its worth: I wanted to make a debug log and all of the sudden it did what it is supposed to do. I turned off the the debug log and it still works.
    No idea why it did not work all morning but as far as I am concerned everthing works fine again. This thread might be closed thus.
    BTW: Thank you guys for this marvellous piece of software. I like the 5.0 version.
  • This just started happening to me yesterday, intermittently. I've turned on debug output logging, but of course the problem hasn't recurred. I'll post a debug ID when the problem happens again.
  • Okay, it seems to be happening if a collection rather than My Library is selected in the left pane.

Debug ID = D1696559987
    report:
    No errors have been logged since Zotero started.

version => 5.0.21, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 10.0; WOW64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.21, extensions => Zutilo Utility for Zotero (2.0.3, extension), Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.6.SA.5.0.21, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (5.0.2.SA.5.0.21, extension), Shockwave Flash (27.0.0.130, plugin)
  • I'd guess that this is fixed in Zotero 5.0.22, available now via Help -> Check for Updates.
  • This is still happening in 5.0.22.
  • edited October 6, 2017
    Could you say exactly what you're doing to reproduce this, from a Zotero restart with My Library selected?
  • It has not happened to me when My Library is selected.

1. Open Zotero.
    2. Click on a collection.
    3. Click on the Advanced Search icon.
    4. Search for something by title.
    5. Double click on a title that is not in the selected collection.

In the left pane, My Library gets selected. In the middle pane, no item is selected.

Previous to 5.0.21, the correct item in My Library was selected.
  • After step 5 above, if I go back to the Advanced Search window and double-click on the item again, it works properly.
  • OK, thanks — fixed in the latest 5.0 Beta, and the fix will be included in 5.0.23.