Late cancellation observer error

Hello,

I received a Late Cancellation Observer Error. The error number is 868656637. I was able to sync my files with Zotero previously, but then I upgraded my Zotero to version 5.0.4, and now it is not syncing. Can someone please help me? Thanks!
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for a sync that produces this error? (If it's the initial auto-sync, you can use the "Enable after restart" option.)
  • Hello, the debug ID is D872045405.
  • Are you clicking Sync before the library has finished loading? If so, what if you wait for that to finish?

(Note that, with child items, this library is extraordinarily large, and a library this size is really only syncable as of 5.0 (or the 5.0 Beta, which at least one other member of the group who has posted here has been using), so there are likely still some issues to work out.)
  • But if you can reproduce this easily, a Debug ID from Zotero startup through this error occurring, using the "Enable after restart" option, would be helpful.
  • I am not sure if the sync was finished. I thought it was because the number of files in my zotero matched that of the other members of my group. With regards to the version, do you mean that I should go back to using version 5.0.0 instead of 5.0.4? I did click the Enable after restart option under teh settings.
    cheers.
  • edited July 17, 2017
    I am not sure if the sync was finished.
    No, I'm asking if you started the sync (or it started) before the group was done loading — not whether the sync finished. The debug log shows the sync starting while the library is still loading, which should obviously be OK but may be causing the error, so you should try waiting.
    With regards to the version, do you mean that I should go back to using version 5.0.0 instead of 5.0.4?
    No, I'm saying a library of this size wasn't really syncable in Zotero 4.0. It's possible before upgrading to 5.0 you synced with a smaller version of this library. So you should just be aware that there may still be some wrinkles that need to be ironed out with a library like this, since 5.0 Final was only released a week ago.
    I did click the Enable after restart option under teh settings.
    The Debug ID you submitted definitely wasn't created with "Enable after restart".
  • Thanks for your help. It looks like it is working now, so I must have been trying to sync too soon.
  • That'd still be a bug, so let us know (and provide a Debug ID from startup) if you can reproduce it.