trouble sharing zotero library

Hi,
I shared a library with a collaborator who was able to successfully join the group. But when she opens the library in Chrome online, she doesn't see any citations, only a file with the extension .7z. How can she view the citations I have saved to this library?
thank you!
s
  • How are they opening the library in Chrome online? As in on this website?
  • They are logging onto zotero online and when they click on shared libraries, the only file they see is the one with the .7z extension
  • No articles are viewable
  • Sorry, but we need a clearer description of what they are actually doing. When you say "they are logging onto zotero online" I don't know what you are referring to exactly.
    Are you saying they go zotero.org/groups, click on the group and then they only see that file? Or something else?
  • Sorry Adam! So they are logging in at zotero.org. Once they log in on the left hand side of the screen is an area that is titled "Library". The folder for the library I have shared with them is visible there. But when they look in the middle of the page under the section with headings "Title" "Creator" "Date Modified" there are no citations listed. Only 1 file with the extension .7z
  • Could we get the URL they're looking at? If this is a private group, no one will be able to see the content, but the URL tells us the view they're on.
    Also, how about for you -- do you see the group library online?
  • I am getting the link for you. I created all the groups and I can see them just fine
  • That suggests they're looking somewhere wrong. The online view of the same group can't really be different for different people. But we'll be able to say more once we see the link.
  • Adam i have a screen shot. Is there any way I can send that to you via email?
  • If you wouldn't mind just uploading it somewhere (imgur.com, e.g.) so that other people can see it, that'd be best. If not, send to support@z...ero.org
  • They're looking at their personal library, not a group library. They'd want to click on "Groups" at the top and then select the group(s) you invited them to.
  • thank you, super helpful! I will let her know!