Trying to import existing libraries from our group

i see instructions like like the following, but i do not see any import buttons.:

In order to do that, click on Zotpress on the menu bar to the left of the text editor window and select “Accounts.” Select “Browse” then “Selective Import” on the top of the page. Check the box next to the collection you’d like to refresh and click on “Import Selected.” You should now be able to find that source in the search engine within the Zotpress Reference widget.
  • Can you explain exactly what you're trying to do? (To be clear, Zotpress is a third-party WordPress plugin, totally separate from the Zotero software.)
  • Hi, (sorry to be so late)
    i am just trying to see my account within my word press. i can see my data within Zotero, so i believe i have the right api id and private key.
    my account is the default. but i dont see the data showing up in word press. i dont even see selective import in word press under accounts.
    thanks for you time and any help
  • edited March 2, 2017
    So under accounts, can you tell us exactly what it says with the exception of the private key, if any?

FWIW, you're using instructions that are almost two years old and ZotPress was almost entirely re-written since they were published. You should rely on the official ZotPress documentation as the only authoritative source of what you should expect to see. I don't think Selective Import still exist.
  • thanks for getting back.
    i see my libraries name, top level in a dropdown, loading in a dropdown and a spinning wheel
  • so many documention links, where do i find the official zotpress docs? thanks for the advice
  • I'm almost positive that's under Browse, not under Accounts
  • under ZotPress--> Help in the WordPress sidebar
  • im sorry, that was under btrowse.
    it says default (i have that selected),
    type = group
    userid,
    private key,
    nickname and two buttons, one to clear the cache, the other to remove this account
  • since i can see my data in zotero, i think the id and private key are correct?
  • and it lists a user ID and a private key, yes?
  • from what i have been reading, it looks like as long as i have the right id an private key. i can call up the library in the browse page so i can select? but i dont see any select options? just a spinning gear.
  • yep, i looked at the help, and it still seems like i am missing somethings. perhaps i need to re-install?
  • sorry, let me change this post - from what i have been reading, it looks like as long as i have the right id an private key, that i can call up the library in the browse page in word press so i can select? but i dont see any select options? just a spinning gear.
    thanks for any help
  • the spinning gear means that ZotPress isn't able to get your library. That could have a number of causes -- a wrong library key, a conflict with another plugin, a slow connection, or a ZotPress bug.
    Is this a public group on Zotero?
  • And have you tried in a different browser?
  • i am using firefox, but your other ideas mean some investigation.
    my group is "Public, Closed Membership "
  • right, try in Chrome or Edge for good measure. Do you have a link to the group you could share?
  • sorry, had to run an errand - let me find the link you can check out.
  • i have to ask permission to give links, but i am sure its ok, need to just wait for them to answer. thanks for your help
  • in the mean, i tried in chrome and edge. still got the same result. i am thinking either zotpress didnt get installed right, or, i may not be connected correctly??
  • Do you have any other Wordpress plugins running? There have been conflicts in the past
  • i have to check.
    what conflicting plugins have you seen?