Suggestion: Add 'Location' to

When in Classic View, add Location to the list of Page, Book, Chatper, etc... to accommodate usage of Nook, Amazon, and other eBook titles which don't use the standard method of citing a location.
  • The developers of the CSL citation language Zotero uses have discussed adding support for e-reader locations, but it's not clear but the best way to do so is (e.g., many such locators are not stable across screen sizes). In the mean time, you can enter these in the suffix field of the citation.
  • 'many such locators are not stable...'

I know that locators in the last few generations of Kindle -- even the iPad app version -- are indeed stable across screen sizes. Nook advertises that its locators are now stable and that with a recent software update locators are stable retroactively. There is some disagreement about the success of the retroactive part but it seems that locators are stable with newer e-book purchases and with newer Nook purchases.

It seems that many text book publishers' ebook versions are stable across the various iPad screen sizes.

The locators for all of these now seem to be stable across font size as well.

We know that pagination often differs between hardback and paper versions of a book. Citation rules allow for those differences.

I hope that the next CSL revision will allow locators for ebooks.

I hope the next version will be released soon, that it will allow for many of the things I've read about recently, and that passions of the decision makers will remain calm for concensus.