Zotero to Excel

I am a librarian attempting to help a patron with a Zotero question. They are preparing a paper for publication and are using Excel to create tables to use as figures in their paper.

The question is: Is there a plugin for Excel similar to the Word plugin for Zotero that can insert Zotero citations into an Excel table?

If there is not a plugin, has someone done this in another way?
  • There is no add-on, but wouldn't just using quick copy work?
    https://www.zotero.org/support/creating_bibliographies#quick_copy
  • Maybe in this case, but what if you're just using Excel and aren't planning on using Word at all?
  • Hard to say without knowing what you're planning to do, but quick copy doesn't require Word at all. Very unlikely that an Excel add-on will happen in the foreseeable future.
    Excel doesn't have the same facility to insert fields that Word has.
  • I don't know if this has come up again as an issue.

I would really like to have an Microsoft Office plug in and not just WORD. Could the wonderful coders who do the coding for Zotero pick this up as a project.

So, recently I was doing a Conference Poster on Powerful and wanted to import my references from Zotero.

Today, I wanted to use the references in Zotero from one subcollection to set up a chart to analyse how different theses in my field are structured.

Yes, I know the WORD word around, but the insert options within WORD are great. I suppose though in my two cases it was the full bibliographic reference that I probably wanted to import

Anyway, can the wonderful coders add the import to Excel to their TO DO lists from our WISH LISTS
  • edited March 21, 2021
    @JacobsenHL: Same answer as above. A plugin for other Office apps isn't going to happen. You can use Quick Copy for this (which doesn't have anything to do with Word, so I'm not sure what you mean by "Word workaround").