Browsing PDFs of books stored in Zotero showing them as thumbnails

Hi,

Does it exist a way of browsing PDFs of books stored in Zotero, showing them as thumbnails so that I can see the covers?

Ps.: I tried Qnotero, but the thumbnails showed are only Adobe reader logo.

Thanks in advance,
Carlos
  • no. You can look at Zotero quicklook, but that doesn't do thumbnails. PDF thumbnail applications are system specific, so this wouldn't be easily doable in Zotero.
  • Now that pdf.js exists we could probably do this with that.
  • Fingers crossed to see PDF thumbnails in Zotero!
    Thanks, Carlos.
  • Please consider adding a thumbnail property to items to help visually distinguish books and journals with cover images, even if we have to manually set the image.
  • sem
    edited June 21, 2019
    I'm popping this up, because I store books in iBooks, only to be able to see the cover, and journal articles in Zotero. Yet judging books by the cover is not only fun, it is also what you do in a physical library. Ultimately, for referencing you need to store them in Zotero, but then you have to annotated pdf's, which sucks.

I think it would be a modern feature for Zotero, so give it some thoughts after all these years.
  • Yes, this is a highly desired feature.

However, there is another alternative in the meanwhile : "previewing PDFs" by press SPACE key. And there is a fully working plugin for that: https://github.com/mronkko/ZoteroQuickLook Just mentioning it for people who don't know about this.