Can not authorize Zotero in safari

Report ID:1911280591

System:
- OSX El Capitan 10.11.1 (15B42)
- Safari Version 9.0.1 (11601.2.7.2)
- Zotero Connector 4.0.28
  • Dan will have to look at the error (which shouldn't occur), but you do realize that the primary goal of the Safari Connector is to work with an open Zotero Standalone?
  • Yes the standalone is running. Its version is 4.0.28.8.

The strange thing is: I'm logged in in standalone and the functioning synchorinsation (safari vs. standalone) works even I'm not authorized with the safari.
  • yes, authorization is only needed if you don't use Standalone (it authorizes your Zotero connector to save straight to the server), so unless you need that functionality, I wouldn't worry about it.
  • I'm using standalone, so no problems saving things, but for the record I can't authorize either.

Mavericks 10.9.5
    Safari 9.0.1 (9537.86.2.7.2)
    Zotero 4.0.28.8
  • OK, seems like a general problem. What exactly happens when you try, i.e. where does it fail?
  • The error I get in the pref pane is:

Authorization could not be completed.

An invalid response was received from the Zotero server
  • OK. From my point it is ok if I don't have any issues i would ignore that point. Nevertheless I will follow the thread to be up to date about this topic. Thank you for your support so far.
  • +1

El Capitan 10.11.2
    Safari Version 9.0.2 (11601.3.9)
    Connector version ? (I don't know, whichever is most recent available for download)
  • this is a known issue, no need for more reports (you can subscribe to the thread on the left here). Note that you should generally have Standalone open when using the connectors, in which case authorization isn't necessary.