exporting library with group/subgroup information

I have been using jabref before trying Zotero out, Jabref's bib files have some group/subgroup which keep different entry, fortunately Zotero can import .bib file with the group/subgroup information. But when i try to export the Zotero library with the folds(or group/subgroup), there is nothing about group/subgroup information in exported bib file.

I search the solutions for exporting library with group/subgroup information keeping, and finding nothing but so-called translator doing it. Zotero's translator is programmed with JS language which i donot know. How can i add some js codes or getting a fix on it?

thanks
  • the group functionality used by jabref is entirely non-standard bibtex. While we are supporting it on import - and there is really no downside to that - we're at a minimum very hesitant to include it in export, so that's on purpose. Customizing the translator to do that would take a good amount of time - we're not just talking about adding a line or two.
  • Though IIRC the group info is stored in a comment, so it shouldn't really break anything. But yes, it's a good amount of work to implement this and personally I have little interest. Perhaps @friflaj would be interested in extending this further (see https://github.com/zotero/translators/pull/603)