Accessing additional styles when citing from the web interface

I have a few students who are primarily using tablets, even for writing papers, and will need to copy/paste citations into their word programs. I see that you can create citations from the "My Library" web interface, but the citation styles are limited. The students will need to use AMA format -- is there a way to add styles from the style repository to the web interface?
  • No there isn't. Two things to consider:
    1. Vancouver style is quite similar to AMA
    2. For numerical styles like AMA, writing without a word-processor plugin that automatically re-numbers citation is a giant PITA - the students really should re-consider.
  • Perhaps Scannable cites should be added as an option. ODF scan could work out quite well for writing on a tablet and it wouldn't matter if you want numerical style or not.
  • edited November 11, 2013
    Obviously I agree - but ODF Scan isn't officially supported and I believe Dan has some misgivings about some of our design decisions, so I don't think that's going to happen.
    He has mentioned elsewhere that he'd really like a better generic option for inserting citations, but I doubt that's going to happen soon.
  • I am encouraging students to download Zotero to get full functionality, but some of them are just using it for group work / citation creation and don't want to learn new software. It would be really helpful if there was an option to add different citation styles in your library's web interface.
  • It's definitely planned — just not available at the current time.
  • edited September 30, 2014
    A bookmarklet is now available that can be used on zotero.org to produce Scannable Cites. See Inserting Citations > From zotero.org here